The musings and misadventures of a girl unprepared

Friday 20 July 2012

Prague Days 1 and 2: Free Walking Tour, Drunken Monkey Bar Crawl and Prague Castle

Eurotrip 2012 amazing!! For those of you who don't know I, along with 6 friends, have just spent the last 11 days in Prague, Vienna and Budapest. Unfortunately, whilst I was away I couldn't really blog because the silly blogger people have updated the site and now my rubbish phone isn't compatible with it. So I shall update you in the next few days with a post all about our adventures in each place.

We spent the first 4 nights in Prague, which is a breath-takingly beautiful city. I would recommend anyone to visit, even just for the architecture.

On the first day we went on a free walking tour with the company all dressed in yellow (if you're looking for it on the plaza, they stick out a fair bit) which took us all around the big sites of everything on our side of the river (the side without the castle on it) and lasted around 2 and a half hours. Our guide also gave us the history of Prague in 10 minutes and was extremely knowledgeable about the city. It was a great way to start our trip as not only did we get to see a lot of things we otherwise wouldn't have thought to visit, but it also gave us plenty of ideas of how to spend the rest of our time in Prague.




Little did I know that Prague is actually the birth place of my all time favourite german author, Franz Kafka!

As it was a first night in Prague (our flight was delayed the day before so we only arrived at around 1am) we decided to have a big one and did the Drunken Monkey bar crawl, which was just 375CZK (around £12/15€) for 2 and a half hours of open bar and then entry into 4 clubs. So of course we had an epic night! It was also a great way to meet new people, as it was majority tourists. I even met a guy who is on my hispanics course at Kings College in September, small world eh?!


Absinthe shots on tap? YES please.

On the second day we wandered up to the castle where we enjoyed some lovely panoramic views of Prague. The castle itself was rather lovely, as were (what we assumed to be) the parliament buildings that we passed a long the way.





As you may or may not know, I am a very clumsy person and that evening when we headed back to the hostel I managed to add to my list of stupid things I have done. This time I managed to collapse the underside of a top bunk bed on top of myself by kicking it (because I'm an idiot) and it hit my head rather hard and I got a lovely big lump right in the middle of my forehead. This also caused me to go quite drowsy and tired so I didn't manage to make it out with the others to 'The Biggest Club in Central Europe'. At first I was a bit gutted to be missing out, as I hate to miss out on anything and this was completely my own doing, however I was informed in the morning that a more fitting name for it would be 'The Shittest Club in Central Europe' and therefore was not to bothered. Plus I felt a lot fresher than everyone else the next morning.

So that's a very brief outline of our first two days. I've decided to give each place more than just one post, as I'll just end up missing out too much, so keep an eye out over the next few days for more info on Prague :)

No comments:

Post a Comment