The musings and misadventures of a girl unprepared

Sunday 28 April 2013

Travel Playlist

WARNING: this post contains a few guilty pleasures and some proper tunes. So please be nice and don't judge (too much).

I've included videos of a few of my favourites and sorted them into 'travel moods' for you all because I'm just that lovely. Tell me what you think and add your own suggestions at the bottom so I can look them up! I'm a big music geek so will give anything a listen :)

The excitable 'I'm just getting on a bus/plane/train and heading off for a new adventure to a place I've never seen before' feeling.



Train - Drops Of Jupiter (My ALL TIME favourite song)
Joshua Radin - Road To Ride On
Amy Studt - All I Wanna Do
Be Your Own Pet - Adventure
The Beautiful South - Perfect 10
Bowling For Soup - 1985
The Donnas - Dancing With Myself
JET - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?
Five - Keep On Movin'
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petit
The Jam - Town Called Malice

Basically, anything with a good beat that you can seat-bop and air guitar to, maybe even belt out to the pleasure of your fellow passengers.

The 'right, it was exciting at first but now I've been on this bus for over 24 hours and it's starting to take the Michael' feeling.

Biffy Clyro - Lonely Revolutions
Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
Stereophonics - Maybe Tomorrow
The Enemy - Away From Here (To be honest, the whole 'We'll Live and Die In These Towns' album is epic)
Florence And The Machine - Shake It Out
The Hives - Hate To Say I Told You So
Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come
Reel Big Fish - Everything Sucks
Kings Of Leon, on repeat. They're my fav. so I'm not really picky.

Philosophising over lifes most important questions because you are so in awe of everything you've seen and experienced. The feeling that there's so much you didn't know and you didn't even know that you didn't know it.

'Life is about love, last minutes and lost evenings,
About fire in our bellies and furtive little feelings,
And the aching amplitudes that set our needles all a-flickering,
And help us with remembering that the only thing that's left to do is live'



Frank Turner - I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous
Joshua Radin - Streetlight
Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
City And Colour - The Girl
Damien Rice - Rootless Tree
Dido - Thank You
Steven Fretwell - Run
Feist - When I Was A Young Girl
General Fiasco - Sinking Ships
Noah And The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

The 'wanting to kill everyone you're travelling with because spending 24/7 with the same people can sometimes drive you crazy' feeling.

Absolutely anything by Rage Against The Machine.

The amazing 'life is so good right now, I'm the luckiest person in the world' feeling, when you've just woken up to another day of sunshine and you're getting ready to go and explore.



Paolo Nutini - Coming Up Easy
Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
Ben Harper - Steal My Kisses
OMC - How Bizarre
Michael Franti & Spearhead - The Sound of Sunshine
John Mayer - Free Fallin'
Olly Murs - Dance With Me Tonight
Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma
Train ft. Ashley Monroe - Bruises
Newton Faulkner - To The Light
McFly - Star Girl
Oasis - She's Electric
MGMT - Kids

The 'I wish I could go home for just a few days then come back because I'm having so much fun but this homesickness sucks' feeling.

Blink 182 - I Miss You
Michael Bublé - Home
Coldplay - Everything's Not Lost
City And Colour - Sleeping Sickness
Joshua Radin - Brand New Day
The Fratellis - Babydoll
Katie Melua - I Cried For You
KT Tunstall - Silent Sea
Nerina Pallot - Halfway Home

Because it's OK to be a little bit sad sometimes.

The 'I just want to sleep. PLEASE JUST LET ME SLEEP' feeling.

This is a list of albums rather than songs, because when I'm sleeping I like the continuity of a voice and style and the predictability of what's coming next. It's purpose is to lull rather than to entertain. It also serves as a soothing distraction when there are drugs raids in the middle of the night or the couple in the room next door are having a very loud and violent domestic.



Grimes - Visions
Rosi Golan - The Drifter and the Gypsy
Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - The Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager
Ed Sheeran - +

No comments:

Post a Comment