The musings and misadventures of a girl unprepared

Saturday 31 March 2012

I HEART Knoxville

I think this has got to be my favourite place so far!!

We had a little bit of a shakey start to the day just before we arrived. It was kind of funny really, just the other day Aimee and I had been discussing what you would do if your car broke down on the motorway. And well let's just say we found out! Luckily the bus driver got it going again after about 10 minutes, reassuring us with the line 'with Megabus it's not just a ride, it's an adventure' in that amazingly awesome voice.

Once we arrived at our hotel (where we have a double bed EACH) I slept for a while since I got barely a wink on the bus. And in response to Aimee, I only snored because I have a cold... However I managed to do this throughout the majority of the nice weather and by the time we left to go into town there was a thunder and lightening storm just over head with hail stones that were so big I thought they were gonna smash car windows. No exaggeration!

The downtown area near the uni is SO nice. I could totally live here. We had tea at a place called Tomatohead and had the best pizza I have ever tasted. Garlic, chicken, cheese and tomato all together in one delicious meal, my mouth is watering just at the thought. I also had a red velvet cupcake for dessert, with my best description for it being 'better than normal cake', so I'd defo recommend.

After dinner we wandered around all the cute little independent businesses, luckily without my purse otherwise I'd be SO skint. I think we might be heading back tomorrow though, I'm going to have to exercise some self control. I got rather excited too because a guy was sitting in the street playing. 'Push' by Matchbox Twenty, a band I adore but aren't really bery big in England. So I made Aimee hang around with me to listen :D

Also, I love how friendly Americans are. The hotel owner has given us loads of advice about where to go in the area and offered us a lift into town if the buses aren't running, the bus driver was really helpful and all the shop assistants ha¿e been dead chatty. I do not know why more people don't visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment