The musings and misadventures of a girl unprepared

Thursday 13 June 2013

Eurotrip 2013 begins

This is it. I've finally left Moonraker and said goodbye to the last of my exchange friends. I'm currently sitting in the train station waiting for my train to Gatwick airport, where I will board my flight in just over five hours. I've been reunited with my pack, which I already loath and love all over again, and the tingly sensation is already invading my fingers and toes, knowing that I'm setting off on yet another adventure.

I don't know what to expect. I certainly couldn't have predicted the events of my last jaunt. All I know is that as I left, a good friend hugged me and said, 'Come back with a smile on your face and sparkles in your eyes' and that's exactly what I intend to do. I've been devoid of my sparkles for far too long.

My first stop is Cologne, Germany, where I'm staying with my friend Mani who I met in Peru last year (as I've mentioned before, keeping in touch is a strong point of mine!) I literally cannot wait to see him and explore the city as I've never been there before. It's going to be interesting hanging out in a setting where I'm the guest, rather than where we're both travellers. I've also realised I'm wearing exactly the same clothes as the last time he saw me, as my travel wardrobe is fairly limited... I'm sure he'll appreciate the familiarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment